The COVID Edition
The focus of this program is to develop marching percussion skills, advance in the Drumline Level program, and build for a stronger future.
What will the program include?
Every Sunday a video lesson specific to your marching percussion instrument. At the end of the video there will be a skill focused assignment to complete by Friday. On Wednesday, a rudiment breakdown video will be posted. To finish the week, you have access to book a 10-minute Zoom one on one with Corey. (more in person or online One on One Lessons are available through Corey.)
After you submit your video assignment Corey will review it and respond with a video talking about your assignment.
There will be a weekly zoom review social hosted by Corey.
What is expected of the performers?
- Willingness to participate fully in the program described above.
- Will need a practice pad for your instrument with stand, and access to the internet.
- Able to pay $40 a month to Impact Percussion by e-transfer on the 1st of each month.
Overview of the Program
- Open to student 6 to 8 years old
- Weekly rehearsals are Sundays from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Program operates from September to July 1st
- Performance opportunities with parades and drumline competitions.
Impact will Supply Students with
- Use of drum, drum stand, drum carrier and drumsticks.
- Impact shirt, suspenders, and sunglasses for performances.
- Educational materials and organizational materials.
All Impact students come to us with different needs and abilities, the following is some of the benefits students have received.
- Increase self confidence
- New friends
- Learned to perform in front of others
- Improve coordination and motor skills
- Work as a team
All Impact programs are education based. The skills students learn in Impact One will be used to teach more skills on to. They will also help the students to be ahead in school music programs.
- Understanding beat and counting music in 4/4 time signature
- Reading and playing quarter notes and rest in 4/4 time signature
- Reading and playing eighth notes in 4/4 time signature
- Music terms crescendo, decrescendo, piano, forte, accent, tacit, tempo, etc..
- Match Grip
- Free Stroke and Down Stroke
- Rudiments including paradiddles, double paradiddles, triple paradiddles, paradiddle diddles
Throughout the program there are many opportunities for the students to achieve rewards for learning milestones.