Overview of the Program
- Open to student 6 to 8 years old
- Weekly rehearsals are Sundays from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Program operates from September to July 1st
- Performance opportunities with parades and drumline competitions.
Program Cost and Expenses
- $45.00 Annual Registration Fee (due on registration)
- $40.00 Monthly Program Fee (due 1st of each month September to June) payed by e-transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students will be required to buy a pair of Red Converse Chuck Taylor shoes, black pants for performances, and ear protections.
- Students are required to sell a total of 10 tickets to 2 annual fundraisers.
- Other cost may include transportation to performances, entrance fees and meals.
Impact will Supply Students with
- Use of drum, drum stand, drum carrier and drumsticks.
- Impact shirt, suspenders, and sunglasses for performances.
- Educational materials and organizational materials.
All Impact students come to us with different needs and abilities, the following is some of the benefits students have received.
- Increase self confidence
- New friends
- Learned to perform in front of others
- Improve coordination and motor skills
- Work as a team
All Impact programs are education based. The skills students learn in Impact One will be used to teach more skills on to. They will also help the students to be ahead in school music programs.
- Understanding beat and counting music in 4/4 time signature
- Reading and playing quarter notes and rest in 4/4 time signature
- Reading and playing eighth notes in 4/4 time signature
- Music terms crescendo, decrescendo, piano, forte, accent, tacit, tempo, etc..
- Match Grip
- Free Stroke and Down Stroke
- Rudiments including paradiddles, double paradiddles, triple paradiddles, paradiddle diddles
Throughout the program there are many opportunities for the students to achieve rewards for learning milestones.